If you have a cooling system at home as most Florida residents do, sooner or later, you’ll need to contact an AC contractor. AC contractors, also known as HVAC contractors, are businesses whose service technicians are tasked with installing, maintaining, and repairing air conditioning systems. With hundreds of contractors in Florida, how will you find the best one in your area?
This article will dive into the many ways you can find the leading HVAC service provider near your home. Once you locate the nearest, you need to evaluate also if it’s the best fit for you.
Where to Look for the Best AC Contractors
Here are some ways to get reliable recommendations about the AC contractors nearest your home.
- Ask your family and friends for recommendations. A relative or a friend who’s residing in the same area as you who has personally hired an HVAC company in the past will likely provide you with a good referral. Their perception of affordable and quality service may be different from yours, but it is still a good starting point.
- Ask your neighbors who they call regarding their AC problems. Again, it is a good starting point,but don’t take their word for it immediately. Maybe John wants you to call this contractor who happens to be his brother-in-law, so there is bias there. It’s still advised to screen the company first.
- Visit online service directories such as Yelp or Angie’s List. Search for HVAC contractors in your city, and a list of all the HVAC contractors in your area will pop up. You can also see their reviews from customers, which will give you a good idea about the quality of their services.
- Grab the phonebook. Believe it or not, the phonebook still exists. And companies still post ads about their service on the yellow pages.
- Run a query on the search engine. Google is a popular choice. Just type “AC contractor near me” or “ac repair near me” into the query bar. You’ll see a list of all the AC contractors in your location.
- Do a query on social media. Social media is a popular choice for people to get information. Many AC companies post their complete details on their social media pages.
Vet the AC Contractors
Now that you’ve found a few referrals or choices, it’s time to check if they are good. Here are the factors you need to look for in an AC contractor.
● Experience. An AC contractor that’s been in business for a decade will most likely be more trustworthy than one with just a few months of experience.
● License & Insurance. License and insurance are two things a good AC contractor must have. Without these two, you may deal with numerous liabilities if anything happens within your property.
● Qualifications of Maintenance Technicians. An AC service provider’s quality of service significantly depends on their technicians’ skills. Some companies hire experienced AC technicians, but others take things one step further by encouraging their employees to have continuous training.
● Range of Services. Although you’re only searching for an AC contractor, it’s good to consider the range of services they provide. Hiring just one contractor for different services is usually convenient. Plus, you may get freebies and discounts if you become one of their preferred customers.
● Pricing. Choose an AC contractor that offers affordable aircon services without compromising quality. If their rate is too cheap, it might be too good to be true.
● Online Reviews. In today’s digital age, it’s easy to see if an AC contractor has credibility and a good reputation by checking online reviews written by their current or previous customers.
The Best AC Contractor in Southwest Florida
Great news! You don’t have to look any further. 7th Generation Air Conditioning and Heating is the leading AC contractor in Southwest Florida with over 20 years of experience. As a reliable full-service HVAC contractor in Sarasota, Bradenton, and the entire SW Florida, we have a strong commitment to you, and we aim to serve you with only the best cooling and heating solutions.
Message us, and we’ll have our skilled and certified technicians check your air conditioning units as soon as possible.